|Monday||7am - 7pm|
|Tuesday||7am - 7pm|
|Thursday||7am - 7pm|
|Friday||7am - 3pm|
|Saturday||8am - 12pm|
- Athlete's Program
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (KEY Method)
- Functional Movement Screen
- Graston Technique®
- Kinesio Taping® Method
- Occupational Therapy
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
Download & Print Forms
✚ Our Location: Directions
525 West Chester Pike
Havertown, PA 19083
If you’ve been injured at work, in an accident, playing sports, or have a recurring injury or physical disability, you need the best orthopaedic care you can find, delivered by specialists you can trust.
The Premier Physical and Occupational Therapy Clinic in Havertown, PA, offers the best in rehabilitation in a small, personal setting. Our therapists and staff have the skills and knowledge, and treat in a comfortable setting that permits individualized care for every patient.
Our staff is headed by Clinic Manager Kelly Spence, PT, whose background in physical therapy offers a wide variety of settings including acute care, skilled nursing facilities and outpatient settings. Kelly and her team of compassionate and dedicated therapists and assistants take pride in helping patients achieve their goals.
Orthotics, PT, and More for a Healthier Life
Many patients come to us following a work or athletic injury. Our unique physical therapy programs, which include the Graston Technique® and vestibular rehabilitation, provide lasting results and an end to pain, dizziness, balance problems, and other common issues faced by those who have suffered an injury.
We offer complete rehabilitation services in Havertown, PA, and specialize in worker’s comp injuries, motor vehicle accidents, sports injuries, and joint replacement therapy, as well as athletic skill enhancement programs.
Take a look at our specialized services and give us a call to see if we can help you regain or enhance your mobility. Whether your goal is to increase athletic performance or simply the ability to walk around the block and enjoy an active, pain-free lifestyle, Premier Physical Therapy of Havertown, PA, can help.
Our Specialized Services:
- Athlete's Program – Renowned for our athletic skill enhancement techniques, our licensed physical therapists can help athlete’s heal faster after common injuries, as well as enhance performance on the field through sophisticated, cutting-edge therapy programs.
- Custom Orthotic Fabrication – Our specialized system involves an evaluation and casting process performed by our licensed physical therapists to create the most appropriate orthotic for your lifestyle.
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (KEY Method) – From return-to-work assessments to job evaluations or legal proceedings, we use the respected KEY assessment to determine a patient’s ability to perform physical tasks.
- Functional Movement Screen – Our trained therapists, Kelly Spence, PT, and Bridget McCormack, PT, perform FMS, which provides a benchmark for an athlete’s or patient’s range of motion and permits the orthopaedic specialists to develop the right treatments and exercises for faster, more effective recovery or enhanced performance.
- Graston Technique® – Our licensed physical therapists employ the Graston Technique to decrease pain and improve function following an injury or other debilitation. The Graston Technique is a remarkable procedure that allows the physical therapist to detect and treat areas of scar tissue or adhesions in muscles, tendons, and ligaments. These scar tissues and adhesions can reduce range of motion and cause pain. This therapy uses stainless steel instruments and specific soft tissue mobilization combined with rehabilitative exercises to improve musculoskeletal function.
- Kinesio Taping® Method
- Occupational Therapy – The OT program at Premier Orthopaedics takes a holistic approach to helping patients regain mobility and perform everyday tasks with ease and reduced pain. Headed by Jen Kirkland, OTR/L, who has been with Premier since its founding in 2000, the program emphasizes individual care and functional recovery.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation – Vestibular rehabilitation is a physical therapy program designed to overcome symptoms of vertigo, concussions, dizziness, lightheadedness, and imbalance. Vestibular rehabilitation aids in retraining the vestibular system to accommodate physical changes and to restore balance within the body.
Kelly Spence, PT, MS, CKTP
Physical Therapist, Clinic Manager
Kelly received a Bachelor's of Science degree in Biology from Elizabethtown College in 2001 and a Master's degree in Physical Therapy from Thomas Jefferson University in 2003. Her background in physical therapy offers a wide variety of settings. She completed a clinical affiliation in burn/wound care in San Jose, CA and has worked in acute care, SNF, rehab, and outpatient settings since graduation.
Kelly joined Premier in September 2006 and became clinic manager in 2007. She has been a Regional Director for Premier Physical Therapy since 2013.
Kelly believes in treating the whole person, not the injury. She uses a wide spectrum of treatment techniques including Myofascial Release, Graston Technique, Functional Movement Screen (FMS), Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), and Kinesiotaping to reduce pain, correct imbalances, and restore function. She is certified in Graston Technique and is a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP).
Jesse Anderson, PT, DPT
Jesse graduated from Penn State University in 2006 with a BS in Kinesiology and received his DPT at The University of the Sciences in Philadelphia in 2011. Jesse was working at an outpatient PT facility in Philadelphia for 3 years before joining Premier in June of 2014. He has undergone continuing education with Kinesio-Taping and Graston Technique.
Jesse became a Physical Therapist because he enjoys interacting with patients and helping them get back to an active lifestyle. He speaks conversational Spanish and French.
Dana Cohan, PT, DPT
Dana graduated from the University of Vermont in 2008 with her Doctorate in Physical Therapy. During graduate school, Dana did clinical affiliations at San Diego Childrens Hospital- outpatient clinic, a rehab hospital, as well as, in a burn/wound ICU during her acute care affiliation. Since graduating, Dana has worked in the acute care and outpatient settings working with all ages and a variety of orthopedic diagnosis'. She has specialty training in wound care and is trained in the McKenzie Method to treat the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
Dana treats each person as an individual and believes in patient education and active patient involvement to restore function and get patients back to their normal daily activities as quickly as possible. Dana is trained in the Graston Technique and she utilizes a strong emphasis on a variety of manual skills.
Jaimie Colonna, PT, MPT
Jaimie graduated from The University of Wisconsin, Madison in 1997 with a BS in Kinesiology and then from Touro College of Medicine in Bayshore, New York with her Masters in Physical Therapy in 2001. Jaimie started her career in Manhattan working for St Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital in acute care, rehab and outpatient. While living in NY, Jaimie received her pilates certification from the Kane School of Core Integration.
Jaimie moved to Pennsylvania in 2005 and worked in pediatrics at Easter Seals for 8 years. She has now returned to working in outpatient where she utilizes her knowledge of core stability, honing her manual skills to integrate a comprehensive approach to patient care. Jaimie spends most of her free time with her husband and 2 girls and enjoys walking her American Bulldog, Roxy.
Jen Kirkland, OTR/L, CKTP
Jennifer has a Bachelors in Science in Occupational Therapy from Temple University. Since graduating in 1994 she has worked in Acute Care, Rehab, SNF, and Cardiac Rehab.
Jen has been specializing in Hand Therapy since 1999. She believes in a hands on approach to your care with emphasis on functional recovery. She has been with Premier since its inception in 2000.
Ron Goetsch, ATC, PTA
Physical Therapy Assistant
Ron brings many years of experience to your care. His knowledge is derived from the education he received from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Harcum College. These were merely the springboard for the experience that followed and continues today. Ron had learned much from his time with The Philadelphia Eagle Football Club, several local educational institutions, and years working for a local Physiatrist, working his way up to manager. Ron also was appointed for 2 terms (8 years), as a member of the State Board of Physical Therapy.
His treatment philosophy includes the use of The Selected Functional Movement Assessment, Functional Movement Screen, and Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization utilizing The Graston Technique (M1, M2). Ron is a highly capable clinician that contributes to the ‘Team’ approach to your care that is employed by the Physical Therapy division of Premier Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine.
Michele Kikut, PTA
Physical Therapy Assistant
Michele graduated from West Chester University in 1996 with a B.S. in Physical Education/Fitness Specialist. After working for 5 years in a medically based fitness program in an outpatient physical therapy clinic, Michele attended Harcum College’s Physical Therapy Assisstant program graduating with an associate degree in 2001.
Michele has been working as a PTA for Premier for over 10 years. Michele is certified in the Graston Technique and is also certified to administer Functional Capacity Evaluations using the Key Mehod for work related injuries.